12/09/2020, Faisalabad // KISSPR //
College students are by definition broke. If you’re a student, you understand the struggle.
Not being able to make money as a college student is even tougher – especially now, during the pandemic. Social activities are not a thing anymore but nor is money-making. You must get what you’re dealt with and accommodate the current situation.
Making money during the pandemic can be tricky, but it’s not impossible. Cheer up. Here are some of the best ways in which you can save up for the year to come.
- Working as a blogger – exciting!
Blogging is one of the most exciting activities you’ll pursue. You could either review products to make quick money or, if not, you can always come up with your own content. The second option might take longer – especially because you must learn how to research properly – but it’s definitely more satisfying in the long term. Here is a quick guideline on what you must do to get started.
- Choose your platform wisely. WordPress is one of the most common.
- Pick self-hosting if you have money or go with the free alternative if you’re broke. Keep in mind that you cannot pick your own domain name if you don’t choose self-hosting. But as a beginner, that’s perfectly fine.
- Start the blog on your domain if you can. If you cannot, ensure that you’re at least designing your WordPress page properly. WordPress might limit you on some things if you don’t own the page, but you’ll be able to make your website look professional.
As you can see, starting a blog is not at all complicated – you can use various online resources to get the necessary help. If you don’t like writing your own posts but would like to promote products, you could always check out writix.co.uk. The writers here are knowledgeable and know exactly what they’re doing. They are trained to help any student in need but can also write an essay for a promotional blog – it really depends on what you’re asking for.
Don’t forget to read, read, read, read tons of blogs and articles on this subject, and make sure that you stay updated on the latest upgrades. This is how you will succeed and make some good money out of it.
- Taking on freelancing projects
If blogging is not your thing, you could always get a freelancing job on Upwork, Fiverr, or any other similar platform. All you must do is pick a niche you’d like to work on, set up an account, post some samples of your work (if you have any), and apply for jobs.
Here are some examples of highly rated skills:
- Game design
- Digital marketing
- Content writing
- Website creation
- Plagiarism checking, etc.
These are only some ideas that you could be pursuing. You can always find a niche that suits you better such as translation, for example. Do whatever keeps you pumped, but do it well!
This pandemic has made online teaching by far more popular. Students are now more willing to hire online tutors to help them out with their homework. Online training has also developed. People like having a more flexible schedule and are quickly accommodating to the new lifestyle. So, take the chance. Become an online tutor! Here’s what you should keep in mind.
- Lesson planning is highly recommended. Teaching online is still teaching, after all. Don’t take it for granted. Plan your lessons well in advance and structure them properly.
- Make yourself comfortable with technology. You might need tech support for that matter. Make sure you’ve got everything under control before starting the lesson.
- Set up your own workspace and ask your family not to bother.
- Communicate with your students. Ask them for feedback. Make sure you keep learning too!
It’s also important to motivate your students to succeed, so don’t forget to do that. Let them know how proud you are. Let them know how much you appreciate them.
- Becoming a virtual assistant
While real-life services might have slowed down, remote companies are still hiring. Check out online jobs posted by small businesses; they’re probably looking for someone like you right now. You could work as an online research assistant for an education service or as a social media influencer, who knows? It’s writing related and it pays. Start applying for jobs – it shouldn’t take too long until you get a response.
How cool would it be to work as a vlogger? You wouldn’t have to write an essay as for blogging nor would you have to post daily. However, you should be familiar with filmmaking, be creative and spontaneous, and write content for your social media fans. If you have what it takes, why not go for it to make some extra money?
Making money as a college student is not at all complicated if you’re brave enough (and love writing). All you have to do is decide what you want to pursue, research that market, and start applying for jobs. Easy, right?
Emma Rundle is a journalist and content writer specialist. She has been teaching music online since finishing high school. Emma is excited about her job and writes blog content daily as a hobby.
##KISS PR NEWS DISCLAIMER##
Brand Story powered by KISS PR Story PressWire https://story.kisspr.com
Release ID: 15664
Disclaimer: The pr is provided “as is”, without warranty of any kind, express or implied: The content publisher provides the information without warranty of any kind. We also do not accept any responsibility or liability for the legal facts, content accuracy, photos, videos. if you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.