The New York Giants (5-10) square off against the Dallas Cowboys (6-9) Sunday in a climatic Week 17 game at MetLife Stadium. Kickoff is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET. Below, we preview the Cowboys-Giants betting odds and lines and make our NFL picks and predictions.
Cowboys at Giants: Betting odds, spread and lines
Odds via BetMGM; access USA TODAY Sports’ betting odds for a full list. Lines last updated at 10:10 a.m. ET.
- Money line: Cowboys -130 (bet $130 to win $100) | Giants +110 (bet $100 to win $110)
- Against the spread/ATS: Cowboys -2 (-110) | Giants +2 (-110)
- Over/Under: 44.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Special New Jersey Betting Promotion
Bet $1 on the New York Giants money line, WIN $100 (in free bets) if the Giants score a touchdown this weekend! Place your legal, online sports bets in New Jersey at BetMGM, The King of Sportsbooks! New customer offer, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Special NFL Betting Promotion: Bet $1 on ANY team’s money line, WIN $100 (in free bets) IF any team scores a touchdown Sunday. Promotion available in CO, IN, NJ, TN and WV. PA residents, don’t miss BetMGM’s risk-free, first-bet offer! MI residents, BetMGM is coming to your state soon — register early for special promotion.
Place your legal, online sports bets at BetMGM! New customer offer, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Cowboys at Giants: Game notes
- The Cowboys were thought to be left for dead, then they climbed out of the NFC East’s cellar by winning three straight games to give themselves a legitimate chance to make the postseason. The key to the Cowboys’ three-game win streak has been them winning the turnover battle: Dallas is plus-9 in turnovers since Week 14.
- Dallas is 5-10 ATS and 9-6 against the O/U.
- After New York jumped atop the NFC East standings following a Week 13 win at the Seattle Seahawks, the Giants have lost three straight games (0-3 ATS) all by at least 14 points. The Giants offense has been atrocious over that stretch as starting QB Daniel Jones has dealt with a hamstring injury.
- New York is 8-7 ATS and 3-12 on the O/U.
- This is a loser goes home game since whoever loses is eliminated from playoff contention and whoever wins hopes the Philadelphia Eagles can upset the Washington Football Team on Sunday Night Football so they can advance via a first-place tiebreaker.
Cowboys at Giants: Key injuries
- DB Rashard Robinson (knee) out
- LB Leighton Vander Esch (ankle) out
- LB Cam Brown (illness) questionable
Cowboys at Giants: Odds, betting lines, predictions and picks
Giants 23, Cowboys 19
Money line (?)
It’s great that Dallas has been able to recover after its Week 10 bye to win four of its past six games, including three in a row, but look who the Cowboys have beaten in the last three games:
Cincinnati (vs. the Bengals’ second- and third-string QBs), San Francisco (vs. the 49ers’ second- and third-string QBs) and Philadelphia who’s starting a rookie QB. Dallas was out-gained in total yards in two of those wins and relied on 10 turnovers by its opponents.
How much confidence do these Cowboys wins inspire? Apparently enough for close to 70% of the market to bet the Dallas money line, according to Pregame.com. All that money on the Cowboys has moved them to favorites after being a +140 underdog on the opening line.
The Cowboys are America’s Team and the market is backing Dallas so this is a perfect time to side with the House. BET GIANTS (+110) for 1 unit.
Against the spread (?)
PASS ON THE SPREAD. If the Giants were getting a field goal, or even 2.5, I’d consider taking some points for insurance but I’d rather bet the money line at plus-money.
The Giants have played in the most Unders in the league but one of their three Overs this season was in the first game against the Cowboys in Week 5. The major storyline following the game was the season-ending injury to Dallas QB Dak Prescott so people don’t remember the random scoring in that game.
There were two defensive touchdowns scored—one by each team—and Giants PK Graham Gano made three 50-yard field goals. That’s 23 flukey points and the total cleared by 19 points. Also, the weather forecast for MetLife Stadium is for rain and cold, which is a perfect mix for an UNDER 44.5 (-110) to cash.
Want action on this NFL game? Sign up and bet at BetMGM. If you’re looking for more sports betting picks and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com. Please gamble responsibly.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.